ERP Enterprise Output Management
What is Enterprise Output Management Software?
Enterprise output management software is a technology which allows an organisation to efficiently design and deliver documents, data or reports from their back end business systems. Most ERP systems have constraints on the design and final delivery of documents - this type of solution allows the flexibility to transmit the right document in the right way.
Typical applications of Enterprise Output Management may be:
- Reformatting business documents to improve the design, add customer specific marketing messages, product information or discount coupons (see example image below)
- Adding multiple forms templates, company logos or terms and conditions to documents
- Resorting document streams (e.g. into customer order, picking sequence, or perhaps product type)
- Incorporating OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) into documents to allow auto-folding and stuffing into envelopes
- Adding 1D or 2D barcodes such as QR or PDF 417
- Driving thermal transfer label/barcode printers efficiently in their native language (e.g. ZPL)
- Parsing data streams from one format to another (e.g. take a print stream and convert to XML)
- Parsing printer specific data streams from one to another (e.g. Kyocera Prescribe to PCL)
- Delivery of documents via print, email, Fax, SMS text, EDI, FTP, publish to web sites or document delivery portals
- Publishing ERP documents with meta-data to document management systems or MS SharePoint
- Create electronic document formats such as PDF, XML, MS Word, MS Excel, CSV, EDI etc.
- Extracting data from electronic document formats to allow auto import into other systems or processes (e.g. auto extract data from a PDF invoice)
- Combine data streams from two sources or add missing data by querying a
second database (e.g. query a product code to add a product picture)
- Schedule document processing for certain times or dates (e.g. combine then transmit invoices and statements at month end)
An example of a custom facing document created using ERP output management software:
Formate eVo is an ideal solution for any business wishing to improve the format of its documents and develop new ways to communicate efficiently.
Using Formate eVo you can replace the majority of your paper based systems by providing distributed information electronically where and when it is needed and in the format required.
SPAR Distributor makes fruitful savings in excess of £50,000
“Document Genetics had an off the shelf solution which meant we got what we needed quickly and with a rapid ROI." Tony Gummow, Financial Director
Savings came from paper, staffing and business process improvements.
Bush Tyres get a grip of cost savings
Bush Tyres have rightfully earned their reputation as the leading independent tyre specialist in Lincolnshire and East Yorkshire. A wide range of quality products, available at the right prices, means that Bush Tyres are always able to meet customer requirements.